There are a few companies that use direct captive agents to solicit their products, such as Geico. This means that you purchase your insurance over the telephone speaking with an agent that most likely is in another state. When you call again, you will most likely be speaking to a different agent each time. There are many reasons to use an independent agent such as:
- An agent can shop for you easily and quickly to find the best rate.
- An agent can help you determine the right coverage for you
- An agent can help find discounts for you that you have overlooked
- An agent can help you during a claim if you and the insurance company are disagreeing on the way the claim is being handled.
- You can meet with your agent personally and develop a personal relationship.